Thursday, February 16, 2012

Off the Wagon

Okay, so this past week I felt a little "entitled".  I felt entitled to eat whatever I wanted, that is.  I have not lost anymore weight but I have stayed relatively the same weight.  I had taken myself off of such a strict schedule and that was a big mistake.  Not only did I not lose any weight but I felt myself slipping right back into that horrible "food addiction" that I had suppressed for over a month.  Disappointment settled in my gut and I have concluded that "entitlement" doesn't necessarily become a good thing.

For the past week I have done everything in my power to tell myself that what I was eating was okay because I deserved it.  Wrong, Lauren!  I deserve to be healthy, not gorge on empty calories or grease filled foods.  Not what I had been working towards at all!  I had been doing so well.  Also, I kept telling myself that as long as I wasn't gaining weight and I was still working out I was doing okay.  That is incorrect also.

I have worked so hard and I was going to throw it all away because of stupid excuses.  I refuse to make excuses anymore.  I will not eat that double cheeseburger because I ran 3 miles that morning.  Instead I will eat a chicken caesar salad.  I will not have that piece of cake for dessert.  Instead I will reach for a fat free pudding cup.  I will not have that soda that I haven't had in over a month.  Instead I will have that glass of water that has given me renewed energy and life.

I am not going to become a statistic that falls off the diet wagon and doesn't get back on.  I have brushed off my dirt and fixed my motivation.  I am getting back on the wagon and weight loss will commence once again.

Good luck in dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment