Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One Entire Month!

Today I reached my 4 week mark, aka my 1 month mark!  Yay!  So far this whole dieting and exercise thing has been pretty easy.  However, this last week (my birthday week) I did not behave as I should have. My exercises weren't up to the standards I had been putting on myself, but they were there none the less.  I haven't gone an entire day without any exercise what so ever so that is pleasing....

What else is pleasing???  My plateau has officially been surpassed!  I haven't been below 160 pounds in at least 3 years and as of this morning, along with the 2 mornings prior to today, I have been 159 pounds!  Now you may not think that is a big deal but when you haven't been in the 150's in at least 3 years, you can see your toes without bending over your belly, and you can run 2.2 miles in 30 minutes THAT'S an accomplishment.  As of today I have lost a total of 11 pounds.  11 pounds in just 4 weeks!  That's amazing!

I have become so happy with myself that I find myself looking in the mirror not in disgust but rather with a smile on my face.  I am beginning to love what I see when I look in the mirror.  I am not there 100% but I would say that I am 22% happier!  (That 22% is the 11 pounds I have shed off of my 50 pound goal)  Being happy with myself is allowing me to be happier in general, on a day to day basis.  I love waking up in the morning and cooking the kid's breakfast.  I haven't ever done that on school days.  I normally would give them a toaster strudel or waffles and call it a morning.  I find myself cooking eggs, bacon, toast, muffins from scratch.  I think my kids are starting to like having a home cooked breakfast now.  It's kind of a disappointment to them when I oversleep and they have to have a pop tart and banana instead of eggs and toast. 

Dave has been a wonderful support this past month.  He has tried to do exercises with me on his days off but he doesn't get as motivated as I do.  I don't mind, though, because he does work long days and he probably really doesn't want to exercise once he does finally get to relax.  Me, I find exercising relaxing.  I used to say that I did my best thinking in the shower, now I also do it while running, crunches not so much.

I like when I run in place in the mornings and David and Carlie come up and they will each hold one of my hands and run with me.  We are having some quality time that they don't even realize is good for them.  But they have to be careful, sometimes the monster comes out in me and I chase them around the kitchen and living room.  :)  McKayla has agreed to run with me when she can and William wants to start running with me as well.  I like the fact that they are motivated, no compelled, to run with me.  I know that one day they won't want to so I will definitely take any type of quality time with them that I can. 

My children are my world and it saddens me at how fast they are growing.  I have not always been a model parent but by becoming healthy I am able to become a role model that will pass on from generation to generation.  Today children are planted infront of computers and video games but I don't think that should be the case.  I remember having to do special testing through elementary school where we had to run a mile and do pull ups, sit ups, everything.  I used to think it was torture but now I wish that they had more testing like that.  Academically you can be smart but being physically smart is good as well.  I don't want to have my life shortened by any amount of time because I am unhealthy.  I want to be around for generations to come.  I want to tell my great- great grandchildren about how it was growing up in the late 90's.

I love everyone who has been supportive in my endeavour to lose weight.  I will continue and make everyone proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment