Well, this is not going to be much. Today is my 3 week weigh in and I am so happy with my progress! As of today I weigh 160.4 pounds, down a total of 9.6 pounds in 3 weeks. I have lost 5.6% of my body weight so far and only have 40.4 pounds to go before reaching my goal! I am super duper excited to share this with everyone! I was so excited that I starting jogging first thing this morning! I knew it was going to be a good day!
So many exclamation points uptop.... That is ALWAYS a good thing to be that excited in what you have accomplished. So, Happy Birthday to me for getting to that 10 pound mark (if you round up but close enough for me!). I figured that today I wouldn't share a weight loss excersise or technique that I use. I would really like to share my new favorite bread recipe..... It's "Delicious Pumpkin Bread" and the name does not do justice to just how delicate and decadant this bread actually is. So here it is, hope you enjoy as much as my family and I did!
5 eggs
1-1/4 cups vegetable oil (use unsweetened apple sauce for reduced fat)
1 can (15 ounces) solid- pack pumpkin (I used puree)
2 cups all- purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix (I used instant)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil and pumpkin; beat until smooth. Combine all of the remaining ingredients; gradually beat into the pumpkin mixture.
2. Pour into 5 greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in x 2-in loaf pans (or make them into muffins which I did and that was the perfect portion size!). Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes for loaf, 20-25 minutes for muffins, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 5 mini loaves (8 slices each)
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein
(Source: The Tast of Home Cookbook)
I like to serve mine warm but next time I think I may let them cool and mix up a cream cheese frosting to put on the top. Added calories but also added yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment